Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wow! Building Big Drive Gates...

Can you do big gates?  A client asked me the other day.
Of course we can!
This made me think of the European style slider gates we did across the street from the The Mansion on Turtle Creek in Dallas.

European style slider gate design by Potter Art Metal Studios
I opened the file on my computer and went down memory lane...

See the little spears on top of the gates?  Now look at what
I'm holding... not so little after all...

The giant wrought iron gates and fence were custom designed and hand forged with nothing but love.  I love the metal columns too... most of the time you'll see stone ones, but wrought iron is so unusual.  All of the spears, rosettes, acanthus leaves, double hammered banding, and other details, like the flames of the urns, were cast in brass and polished.  We are super proud of them. 
Can we build large gates? Check!
So today I'm designing a brand new, beautiful, grand gate for the client...


written by: Izabela Wojcik